Friday 1 July 2011

Proof that Peaceful Assembly improves business

When more people gather, there is need for food and other stuff.
Business will grow this way. This is true for all peaceful assemblies
of people, whether sports, entertainment or politics.

http://www.mmail.com.my/content/76664-bersih-20-rally-show-must-go-say-grocers
You are here : Home | | Bersih 2.0 rally: Show must go on, say grocers
Bersih 2.0 rally: Show must go on, say grocers
Submitted by shaza on Friday, July 1st, 2011
* Bersih 2.0
Faizal Nor Izham
Friday, July 1st, 2011 11:20:00
Grocer
TAKING NO CHANCES : Norhani expecting surge in business — Pix: Shahir
Omar
KUALA LUMPUR: Grocery shops in the city centre will be cashing in on
the Bersih 2.0 rally on July 9, The Malay Mail found in a random
survey.
"My business will remain open on July 9 as I believe the rally will
not deter customers from coming," said a 36-year-old shop owner who
wanted to be known as Agus.
"I get my vegetables, poultry and fish from the Selayang wholesale
market and I am stocking up in anticipation of higher demand the day
before the rally."
Normaliza Zainuddin, 36, who operates a family-owned retail store,
said she will not close on July 9.
Grocer
NO WORRIES: Agus says the Bersih rally will not dampen business
"I normally replenish my stock of vegetables and fish every day," she
said.
"However, as some suppliers might not want to make delivery on July 9,
I shall order more on July 8."
Norhani Hussin, 50, has been selling apam balik (pancake) at her stall
for the past 15 years and will remain open on rally day.
"I will be conducting business as usual. And to cope with the expected
higher demand, I will order more of the apam balik ingredients," she
said.
Suppliers to grocers and sundry shops also intend to carry on as usual
on July 9.
"We'll still make deliveries to our clients on rally day," said a
supplier who preferred anonymity.
Another supplier, who wished to be called Tan, said he distributes
cooking oil to several retail stores in the city centre.
"I don't think we have to worry as most Malaysians are sensible
people," he said.

No comments: