Thursday 2 March 2017

Better use Fully Synthetic Engine Oil

Use fully synthetic oil, Petronas 3000. Only costs rm181 compared to over rm300 for shell.
Before, I used Mach 5, 8.4l/100km at 24km/hr. Range 600km.not sure.
With syntium 3000, 7.1l/100km at 31km/hr. Range is 680 after a few km.


The savings at 20c/km is rm16. You may say it is not worthwhile but this oil lasts 20000km. Proton allows 10000km. From my experience, my engine sounds strange after 15000 so I change oil.

This current car is lightly used which is why I chose Mach 5. In 6 months 4000km. Proton service centred only allowed 3000km for 3 months. I argued that this is not mentioned in the receipt, Iriz meter and manual book. Proton call centre, Junaidah agreed.

Proton service centre should not use the heavy duty schedule of 3000km or 3 months just because we use Mach 5.
During the 80 to 90s, they allow 5000km or 6 months for wira, toyota corolla and mazda 323.
But now I realised my mistake.

Not only I lose money in petrol bills. My engine is damaged and more noisy, reducing my comfort. Far worse is the loss of power. It is like driving with a bigger engine with no increase in weight. It is there safer.
Do it at Permaisabah. They have a new 7 berth workshop and few customers during week days. For 2 months, it gives 5% discount.

Proton Inanam is also lax during week days but it does not give back the oil can despite my request. I am not sure if the engine oil is fully synthetic. I need to confirm with the oil consumption. In Permaisabah I insist that they give back my oil container and they complied.
LikeShow More Reactions
Comment

No comments: